Oh, I am such an air fryer newbie!!! 😜
I decided to start with something simple, like chicken cutlets. 🍗
(Recipe at bottom)
My new kitchen air fryer gadget was all ready for use, and I felt some trepidation about starting all over with a new way to cook.
After all, I am not a natural cook and have pushed myself over the past few years to learn how to actually cook because I have 3 kids who need to eat, too. I knew take out wasn’t great for them, but we needed more variety so I had to increase my recipe repertoire. Soooo…since January, 2016, my Weight Watchers weight loss journey has encouraged me to take chances in the kitchen so I can know exactly what I am eating when I am home. I cook more now, than I have ever cooked in my life, but I am by no means a chef.
❤️But, I LOVE TO EAT!😍
Chicken Cutlets have always been my downfall because I always overdo them or undercook them whether it is on the cooktop, oven, toaster oven, or microwave, so I was excited to see if an air fryer could change my luck…and it did!
👍Yes! I made some thinly sliced chicken cutlets two ways & both came out juicy and delicious. 👍We enjoyed the ones brushed with canola oil, more than the ones without, but both were delish! 👍
Here’s the simple recipe:
🔹Easy-Peasy Air Fried Chicken Cutlets🔹
Cook Time: 10 minutes (adjust for your own unit)
- 2 thin cutlets (5.5 oz total)
- seasonings of your choice (I used onion powders, garlic powders, and paprika)
- canola oil, 1 teaspoon (can work for 4 cutlets as well, but I used it all on the two)
- basting brush is useful
- Preheat Air Fryer to 360.
- With Oil: Prepare chicken cutlets by brushing both sides with 1 tsp canola oil & then add the seasonings of your choice. I used my favorites: garlic powder, onion powder, & paprika. That’s it!
- Take basket out of air fryer and spray with non-stick or canola oil spray so the cutlets do not stick.
- Gently lay 2 cutlets into basket
- Cook for approx. 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Omitting the oil doesn’t change the cook time.
🍗😊Enjoy perfectly juicy chicken cutlets! Total Yum!
Note: Spray Oils can work well and can save you calories/SmartPoints, but I really like to measure my oils out when I can. I also think that with chicken, I get more flavor when I use actual oil vs. the spray.
👩🍳SmartPoints Info: 3 sp for two 5.5 ounce chicken cutlets with 1 tsp of canola oil or 2 sp for the same cutlets without the oil. Always put your own ingredients into the recipe builder on the app for accuracy & then you can save your individual recipe.
Nom Nom! I am so thrilled to finally have something that can help me make juicy chicken cutlets, a lean meat and high in protein! Just love them, but never mastered them, until now!
Will I use it more than my ovens? Time will tell. I will use it for Chicken cutlets though!