Why Bake In An Air Fryer?
I just wanted to see how it worked, so I created a blueberry muffin recipe to try it out.
🤔But, it is a really good question!
➡️Maybe to make a smaller batches for portion control purposes? -Nah. You can just make less in your regular muffin tins.
➡️Maybe because it cooks better in the air fryer? -Maybe. I will have to bake more items in it to more fully answer that question. Right now, I would say that if you know you ovens well, you could get the same result.
➡️Maybe because the air fryer is portable and your ovens are not? -Definitely! I could see this being very useful in smaller apartments that may not have an oven set up, camping, or just as a novelty to bring to a friend’s house.
👩🍳I will say that the muffins I made (recipe below) came out perfectly with a moist consistency and nice crisp tops. My Farberware air fryer is not huge, so I did four at a time, but probably could have done 5, but I wanted good air flow.
WILL I bake again in the air fryer? MAYBE…but probably only if I want to use it as an extra ‘oven’ so I can bake more at the same time. I plan to get a second air fryer, so when I can bake larger batches, it is possible I will bake as it does an excellent job.
❇️Oh-So-Good Air Fryer Blueberry Kodiak Muffins❇️
(Prep is the same for a toaster or regular oven.)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Air Fryer Cook Time: 18-20 minutes at 320
- Oven Cook Time: 18 minutes at 350
- Serves: 10
- SmartPoints: 1 SmartPoint per muffin
(But always calculate your own points in recipe builder)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (size & amount of blueberries can affect the yield)
- 2/3 cup Kodiak Power Cakes Whole Grain Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 ounces of water
- Whisk dry ingredients first in large bowl
- Whisk wet ingredients in medium sized bowl
- Add wet to dry and mix until smooth
- Fold in blueberries
- Divide batter into the 10 silicone baking cups 3/4 full (you do not need to spray silicone cups, but if you are baking in oven, you should use liners or spray the tin. I like silicone cups because they make a perfect small size.
- Bake in batches (depending on the size of your air fryer) for 18-20 minutes at 320. Toothpick should come out clean.
- Or Bake in oven or toaster oven for 18 minutes at 350. Bake a little longer for darker, crispier tops, but depends on your oven. they may need to stay in a little longer to get a crispier muffin top.
- Best served warm so the blueberries burst into your mouth!
- Would pair nicely with vanilla halo top ice cream or as a breakfast side.
Just trying to live my life as mindfully as I can. We only get one shot at this life & I do not want to miss a thing! I lost almost 50 pounds in 2016 (and I am still an active Weight Watchers Member) and I feel great...and this feeling is not about what I lost, it is about all the perspective I have gained. My journey is always evolving, so I decided that blogging about it would be a great way to share the joy. Writing about my journey keeps me mindful! Thanks for coming along! Live Life Mindfully