Each day, we wake up to a choice: embrace the day with positivity, or let our emotions get the best of us. Looking at the ‘sunny-side’ of life is a skill that can be learned and practiced, even for naturally pessimistic folks. I just wanted to share a few ideas for staying mindfully positive.
Happiness is easier to carry around than misery, so I do my best to limit my pity parties to as little time as possible.
Today only happens once & I do not want to waste it swimming around in a bad mood any longer than necessary. Staying positive is not easy, but I am always looking for ways to enhance my methods.
Sunshine can take on many forms, but in our personal journeys, sunshine can light up your day in the following ways:
- ☀️ Literally: Open every single shade in your home to let as much light in as possible. Natural light can fill your home with physical warmth & makes everything sparkle!
- ☀️ Figuratively: Sunshine can fill our soul with light, love, and joy! Natural sunlight brightens our moods as well as our homes.
- 😍I bet you have friends and/or family that bring extra sunshine into your life. Treasure them & send some light back their way.
- 💡Replace those broken lightbulbs. Why? Because you should be able to brighten your home at night as much as possible. Living in a ‘dark’ place isn’t motivating for anyone.
- 🍴Eat TASTY, GOOD food. HEALTHY food digests well & promotes happy good feelings in your whole body. You’ll feel satisfied & that joy brightens up anyone’s day!
- ❤️ Give of yourself because your whole heart will be filled with sunshine after you do.
- 🤣Laugh! Watch a comedy, go see a comedian, or read the Sunday Comics because when you laugh, you will feel light & bright!
- 👗👔👠Wear Brightly-Colored clothing as color totally affects your mood. We all like to wear black, but try a few days of days of bright colors and see how much bolder & brighter you feel!
- 👍 Chose to have a positive outlook because happy people glow from within & brighten everyone around them.
- ☕️ Drink Coffee (ok, maybe that one is just for me as coffee lights up my morning! 😂)
Tuck these ideas away for a day that you wake up feeling lackluster about the world. Consider creating your own optimism strategies for your ‘less-than-sunny’ days.
☀️☀️☀️How do you, or How can you bring sunshine into YOUR life?☀️☀️☀️
Please add your own ideas in the comments.
<p>Just trying to live my life as mindfully as I can. We only get one shot at this life & I do not want to miss a thing! I lost almost 50 pounds in 2016 (and I am still an active Weight Watchers Member) and I feel great…and this feeling is not about what I lost, it is about all the perspective I have gained. My journey is always evolving, so I decided that blogging about it would be a great way to share the joy. Writing about my journey keeps me mindful! Thanks for coming along! Live Life Mindfully</p>