✳️ Challenge 7 of 61: Heart Smart Challenge: Make 3 Heart-Healthy Choices This week
Why make 3 heart smart choices? Because making 3 great heart-healthy choices will likely lead to a lot more than 3 by the end of the week. The idea of a short term challenge is to be singularly focused on one goal for a short amount of time. Keep the Heart Smart Choice idea at the top of your meal planning this week.
What IS a heart-healthy, heart smart choice? Well, many things qualify in the land of health and wellness.
Here some examples:
- Eating less processed foods
- Eating more whole grains and whole foods
- Watching saturated and trans fats
- Getting daily exercise
- Getting regular heath check-ups
- Keeping alcohol consumption to only 1 drink a day
- Choosing not to smoke
- Getting good sleep
- Keeping sodium intake to about an average of 1500 mg a day.
- Watch added sugars
- Choose more lean proteins
- Choose skim or low-fat dairy products
- Eat fish 1-2 times a week
❤️ Heart-Healthy Choice 1:
❤️❤️ Heart-Healthy Choice 2:
❤️❤️❤️ Heart-Healthy Choice 3:
The information on heart-healthy choices is plentiful. Here are a few links for those who want to read more.
❤️So, take a moment and choose 3 now or track your heart smart choices all week long! It is February and a month about love 💕, so show your own heart how much you care, by being more heart-healthy aware. ❤️