I traveled to Paris back in April, and still have a more detailed blog post I want to publish, but someone asked me where and what I ate, so here is a restaurant recap with details. Overall, the food was fresh & delicious! I enjoyed every bite!
🇫🇷 Restaurants and Eateries 🇫🇷
– Restaurant Baudy
- This is just a few minutes walk from The Monet House and Garden in Giverny in Monet’s Village.
- The food was fantastic! We ate lunch and dessert at this restaurant while savoring the throwback artist’s atmosphere.
- I had an amazingly fresh salad, but also loved the French Onion Soup.
- Good food & Large Portions. Family friendly options.
- 235 Rue Saint-Honoré, 75001 Paris
- Menu – http://www.lecastiglione.com/en/restaurantsmenu/
– Café Marly restaurant
- This is an excellent place for breakfast or lunch. Food was extremely fresh and service was excellent. High marks for the espresso. Everyone was satisfied with their meal.
- Great for larger groups as it is a large restaurant.
- You can eat outside and people watch or sit in the back and look at internal Louvre areas. Great location!
- Located behind the Louvre at 93 Rue de Rivoli.
- You do not need a ticket to the Louvre to enter as It is a separate restaurant.
- You can make a dining reservation (recommended) or get some sweets to-go, but the thick Hot Chocolate is insanely amazing! Their chocolates were delish, too!
- There are various locations around Paris.
- The pastries were simply phenomenal, light, and delicious.
- The chocolates were divine!
- My in-laws enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the tea room, so I hope we get to go back and try out a full meal there on some future trip.
- We went to the location near the Tuileries and Louvre.
- Extra tip: I thought I was buying the powdered version of their hot chocolate to take home and enjoy back in the USA, but apparently, it was a thick cream. Airport Security thought it was a liquid and did not allow it on in my carry-on bag. If I had realized this, I would have placed it in my checked luggage. I told them to enjoy it. Oh, well.
- This small restaurant is about a 5 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower and was fabulous! Service was friendly and the food was extremely fresh tasting.
- Our group had a mix of pizza and grilled vegetables. Everything was very fresh and tasty! Would absolutely eat there again!
- Located at 31 Avenue de la Bourdonnais, 75007
- I made a reservation using http://www.thefork.com
- I highly recommend this place for pre or post Eiffel Tower visits.
-Berthillon (we visited the original in the Saint-Louis area)
- Fantastic place for ice cream (amazing as advertised) and crepes (amazing) and more. Cappuccino was excellent, too!
- Located at 29-31 Rue Saint-Louis en l’Île, 75004 Paris, France.
-Gambinos (Pizza & Italian specialties)
- Located at 6 Rue Gomboust, 75001 Paris, France
- We loved the thin crust pizza and other foods so much, we went back again on our last day! We found it by Googling Pizza places in Paris and it had good reviews. Glad we took a chance on it!
- Desserts were delectable, too!
- Hotels only have so much food and too many days of room service can be cost-prohibitive. Taking a quick side trip to a small market for cereal, fruit, and bottled water can help bridge the gap between those big Parisian meals.
- Besides fresh grapes, berries, oranges, and apples, we bought a jar of peanut butter. Having some non-perishable protein along with the carb crackers and fruits helped fill us up for small breakfasts and snacks.
– Le Sarrasin et le Froment Was recommended but we did not get a chance to try)
- Known for Crepes and French Cider,
- Located at 12 rue Jean du Bellay, 75004.
- Located in the Saint-Louis area.
– Flottes (recommended for dinner but did not have a chance to try)
- 2 Rue Cambon, 75001 Paris, France
Very hard to pick a favorite restaurant, but our meal in Giverny probably stands out to me the most 3 months post-trip.
We also spent a day in Disneyland Paris, but we didn’t eat anything worth mentioning in this post (we had a great day, though).
#paris #parisrestaurants #foodinparis #parisfrance #disneyladysparistrip2019