Frozen or Fondue: It’s up to you! Want a quick way to get your chocolate fix? Melt 1/2 tbsp chocolate chips, dip fruit (I used a few clementines ans banana slices), and enjoy as a fondue for 1 or freeze for an hour. 1 recipe, 2 ways. Quick and easy, just like this post.
Multitasking in the kitchen is always my preference, so having two options for this one simple banana almond chocolate chip cracker recipe totally works for me.
Now, it can work for you, too! Sometimes I want something warm and gooey, but other times, I want something frozen. I hope this inspires you to create what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth! I give the recipe for only one person, but you can easily multiply the ingredients based on how many of these you want to make. I think these beautiful parfaits would look good on a holiday meal table, too!
🌷Warm Spring Parfait ♨️or ❄️Frozen Crunch Treat
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 1
- SmartPoints: 4 (and worth every single one)
- 1 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/2 Tbsp Mini-Semi-sweet chocolate morsels (Toll House)
- 2 Club Crackers (Keebler)
- Salt, pinch
- 1 banana, sweet and mashed
- 1 green apple (granny smith) mostly diced, with a few slices
🍌🍫🥜Main Mix is the same for Both Treats:
- Prepare small baking pan (I prefer a silicone pan for this) by spraying bottom with non-stick spray or canola oil.
- Mash banana (leave a slice for garnish) and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, crush crackers into small crumbs, add almond slivers, and chocolate chips.
- Mix dry ingredients into the mashed banana and add pinch of salt.
- Dice up most of the green apple and make a few slices for garnish.
- Add mixture to baking pan and spray top with canola oil.
- Bake in air fryer at 400 for approximately 5-8 minutes until warm and slightly browned (can be baked in oven as well for same amount of time).
- Alternate layers of diced apples and warm banana chocolate nut mixture. Garnish with apple slice, banana slice, and one chocolate chip.enjoy a warm, refreshing treat! This can be served at room temperature, or chilled, but is rather tasty all fresh and warmed.
- Add mixture to small. prepared baking pan, spray top and freeze for 1 hour or more.
- Frozen treat will pop right out of the mold. Use diced or sliced apple as garnish for this crispy frozen treat and serve immediately.
- Always create your own recipe in the recipe builder for accurate point tracking.
- The Orange Mini-Silicone Mold/Pan I used comes from Amazon.com X-Haibei Flexible 5″ MINI Round Cake Bread Mold Baking Pan Silicone Sandwiches Hamburgers Maker http://a.co/bPC4cH5
- You could make this with pretzel bits, but you’ll need to recalculate the calories/smartpoints.
- If this is made for Passover, substitute matzo for the crackers
Options are always great, so enjoy having options for this yummy, easy-to-make dessert for yourself OR your next gathering.
What recipes do you have that can be made in more than one way? Let me know in the comments.