🔹New Cashew Frozen Treats for You!🔹
Frozen Cashew Chocolate Banana PB2 Bites
These Freeze Beautifully!
Chopping makes a little go a long way!
Frozen Cashew Banana Bites
The beauty of a homemade treat is that you know EXACTLY what you are eating. This helps you out from a calorie or SmartPoints perspective, but it is usually, a healthier choice for you as well. These treats lasted 2 weeks in my freezer, but I bet they would last even longer! Easy to make! Fun to create! How will you make this recipe your own?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Freeze Time: 1 hour
Serves: 6 (depending on size of silicone cups)
Always calculate your own batch using the recipe builder.
SmartPoints: 2sp (for the way I prepared it)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Toll House Mini Semi-sweet chocolate morsels, chopped
- 2 Tbsp PB2 Powdered peanut butter
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 20-30 sprays Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Cooking Spray, Original
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- Chop nuts and chocolate chips.
- Mash Bananas
- Mix all ingredients together and spray with the I can’t believe it’s butter spray and mix again.
- Divide into 6 silicone cups (or spray mini muffin tin or ice cube tray with non-stick spray) and then spray the top of each treat with one final butter spray.
- Freeze for 1 hour or more.
- Store in silicone cups, in a Tupperware container once frozen.
Make these now and enjoy as a fun frozen treat on a hot day! Easy & Fun!
Multitasking in the kitchen is always my preference, so having two options for this one simple banana almond chocolate chip cracker recipe totally works for me.
Now, it can work for you, too! Sometimes I want something warm and gooey, but other times, I want something frozen. I hope this inspires you to create what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth! I give the recipe for only one person, but you can easily multiply the ingredients based on how many of these you want to make. I think these beautiful parfaits would look good on a holiday meal table, too!
One Recipe Two Ways – Warm Parfait or Frozen Treat
Prep is 5 minuts or less
Frozen Banana Chocolate Almond Crunch Treat
Warm Spring Parfait for 1
🌷Warm Spring Parfait ♨️or ❄️Frozen Crunch Treat
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 1
- SmartPoints: 4 (and worth every single one)
- 1 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/2 Tbsp Mini-Semi-sweet chocolate morsels (Toll House)
- 2 Club Crackers (Keebler)
- Salt, pinch
- 1 banana, sweet and mashed
- 1 green apple (granny smith) mostly diced, with a few slices
🍌🍫🥜Main Mix is the same for Both Treats:
- Prepare small baking pan (I prefer a silicone pan for this) by spraying bottom with non-stick spray or canola oil.
- Mash banana (leave a slice for garnish) and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, crush crackers into small crumbs, add almond slivers, and chocolate chips.
- Mix dry ingredients into the mashed banana and add pinch of salt.
- Dice up most of the green apple and make a few slices for garnish.
- Add mixture to baking pan and spray top with canola oil.
- Bake in air fryer at 400 for approximately 5-8 minutes until warm and slightly browned (can be baked in oven as well for same amount of time).
- Alternate layers of diced apples and warm banana chocolate nut mixture. Garnish with apple slice, banana slice, and one chocolate chip.enjoy a warm, refreshing treat! This can be served at room temperature, or chilled, but is rather tasty all fresh and warmed.
- Add mixture to small. prepared baking pan, spray top and freeze for 1 hour or more.
- Frozen treat will pop right out of the mold. Use diced or sliced apple as garnish for this crispy frozen treat and serve immediately.
- Always create your own recipe in the recipe builder for accurate point tracking.
- The Orange Mini-Silicone Mold/Pan I used comes from Amazon.com X-Haibei Flexible 5″ MINI Round Cake Bread Mold Baking Pan Silicone Sandwiches Hamburgers Maker http://a.co/bPC4cH5
- You could make this with pretzel bits, but you’ll need to recalculate the calories/smartpoints.
- If this is made for Passover, substitute matzo for the crackers
Options are always great, so enjoy having options for this yummy, easy-to-make dessert for yourself OR your next gathering.
What recipes do you have that can be made in more than one way? Let me know in the comments.
Why Bake In An Air Fryer?
I just wanted to see how it worked, so I created a blueberry muffin recipe to try it out.
🤔But, it is a really good question!
➡️Maybe to make a smaller batches for portion control purposes? -Nah. You can just make less in your regular muffin tins.
➡️Maybe because it cooks better in the air fryer? -Maybe. I will have to bake more items in it to more fully answer that question. Right now, I would say that if you know you ovens well, you could get the same result.
➡️Maybe because the air fryer is portable and your ovens are not? -Definitely! I could see this being very useful in smaller apartments that may not have an oven set up, camping, or just as a novelty to bring to a friend’s house.
👩🍳I will say that the muffins I made (recipe below) came out perfectly with a moist consistency and nice crisp tops. My Farberware air fryer is not huge, so I did four at a time, but probably could have done 5, but I wanted good air flow.
WILL I bake again in the air fryer? MAYBE…but probably only if I want to use it as an extra ‘oven’ so I can bake more at the same time. I plan to get a second air fryer, so when I can bake larger batches, it is possible I will bake as it does an excellent job.
18-20 minutes in an air fryer at 320
18 minutes in an oven at 350
Blueberry Size will affect the yield
Nothing like a warm blueberry muffin!
❇️Oh-So-Good Air Fryer Blueberry Kodiak Muffins❇️
(Prep is the same for a toaster or regular oven.)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Air Fryer Cook Time: 18-20 minutes at 320
- Oven Cook Time: 18 minutes at 350
- Serves: 10
- SmartPoints: 1 SmartPoint per muffin
(But always calculate your own points in recipe builder)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (size & amount of blueberries can affect the yield)
- 2/3 cup Kodiak Power Cakes Whole Grain Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 ounces of water
- Whisk dry ingredients first in large bowl
- Whisk wet ingredients in medium sized bowl
- Add wet to dry and mix until smooth
- Fold in blueberries
- Divide batter into the 10 silicone baking cups 3/4 full (you do not need to spray silicone cups, but if you are baking in oven, you should use liners or spray the tin. I like silicone cups because they make a perfect small size.
- Bake in batches (depending on the size of your air fryer) for 18-20 minutes at 320. Toothpick should come out clean.
- Or Bake in oven or toaster oven for 18 minutes at 350. Bake a little longer for darker, crispier tops, but depends on your oven. they may need to stay in a little longer to get a crispier muffin top.
- Best served warm so the blueberries burst into your mouth!
- Would pair nicely with vanilla halo top ice cream or as a breakfast side.